I am a big believer that hiring a professional to do things that they specialize in is one of the best investments you can make for your business. Working with a graphic designer can be invaluable for your business and brand.
By hiring a designer, you will have the ease of my knowing that you are getting consistent graphics that will reflect your brand and give you a professional look. Plus, you can spend more time doing what you do best and less time trying to learn how to be a designer too.
And the best part is that you can work with a designer on much more than just a brand and website.
There are many different ways a graphic designer can help you with your business. In my own business, I use my design skills daily to create images, ads, and graphics in various areas of my brand and website. And while I do specialize in both print and web design, there are also several types of designers that you can work with to get everything that you need.
Here’s my top 10 list of ways you can work with a designer to elevate your brand:
- Custom brand design – This may be a given, but hiring a designer for brand design is one of the most beneficial investments for your business. By working with a professional brand designer, you will get a clearly defined brand aesthetic that you can use as a foundation for your brand.
- Custom website design – Sometimes you will get lucky, and your brand designer will also design websites (like me). But that isn’t always the case, and sometimes you need to hire a website designer/developer to help you create an online presence for your business.
- Branded marketing collateral – This is typically done by the same designer that created your brand, but having branded stationery collateral is one way to polish of your brand and give yourself a cohesive look online and in print.
- Social media graphics – Sometimes you will come across a need for branded social media images or images that promote a sale, new product/service, giveaway, etc. A graphic designer can help create professional images that stick with the look of your brand so you can share your feature on social media with pride.
- Ad design – Similar to social media images that promote certain items, you may need advertisements created for magazines, online publications, or other situations. A graphic designer can create professional advertisements for any of your needs and will be able to create files to the specifications that you need for your ad placement.
- Magazines/catalogs/look books – Whether you are a photographer, wedding planner, or shop owner, you will more than likely have a need for a sales magazine, catalog, or look book. You can use a sales magazine to display your services and offerings in a professional way, a catalog for your products and pricing info, or a look book to showcase your current collection of products or images.
- Content marketing graphics – If you want to offer an ebook, guide, checklist, etc., you will want to hire a designer to layout your content. This will ensure that your content is laid of in a clean and easy to read way. The designer will also be able to create any different file types that you need for your item. Plus, a designer will also keep your brand in mind when designing your content which ensures cohesiveness.
- Product design – If you are a shop owner, you may want to work with a designer to better create the perfect collection for your shop. Even if you are a designer yourself, sometimes two heads are better than one, and working with another designer can only make your collection better.
- Blog/ podcast graphics – Every blog needs professional images and hiring a designer to help with your blog graphics will give you consistent, professional images to include with each of your posts. This also helps in making your content more shareable and memorable.
- Infographics – Infographics are a great way to explain detailed information with graphics and icons and can be included in content or blog posts. Working with a designer to create infographics for your business will help you explain your information in an easy to understand way.
Working with a designer will help to make your business look more professional and consistent. And if you can work with the same designer for most (if not all) of your needs, you are even better off. Hiring the same designer to help with these things listed above creates a cohesive, branded look for your business and establishes a solid presence for your brand.
Do you find yourself saying “I need that” after reading this list?
Save this Article
Enjoy this article and find it helpful? Pin this image on Pinterest so you’ll always have this info on hand!